Feeling compassion for others and offering comfort is so important in connecting with each other on a deeper level.
There are many ways that you can give comfort to others since it is a broad term. This is all about thinking of others and it doesn't have to be on a huge scale!
- Give your significant other some new warm socks to get through the winter with warmer toes.
- Give your neighbors some hot cocoa mix (is there anything more comforting?).
- If you see someone who is having a bad day, give them a pack of gum or a $5 gift card to a coffee shop. Just a little, sweet pick-me-up.
- Reach out and offer some words of encouragement to someone who is sad and hurting. Tell them it will be ok.
- Donate some basic necessities to a homeless or womens shelter, offering comfort in terms of meeting their basic needs.
- Give some chicken soup to a friend or relative that you know has a cold.
I'm going to be thinking of this topic all month and looking for ways that I can give comfort to others. Because of how cold it has been here (around ZERO degrees, sometimes even colder) I am going to start by providing some warm comfort to others! Donating some warm clothes, give some cocoa to the library for them to make for people, and maybe make some baby hats to donate!
What will you give in terms of comfort this month? What are your ideas?? Let's inspire each other!